Ballarat is a beautiful city with a great community. But we know there are people doing it tough, not just financially, but emotionally as well. If you are in need of some support, please contact any of these agencies below to start your journey to get the help you need.
If it is an emergency, please dial 000 from your fixed line or mobile phone.
For non-emergency police matters, you can call the Ballarat Police Station directly on (03) 5336 6000.
NB: If you are using a VOIP (internet) phone, or have no mobile reception you will NOT be able to call 000. And do NOT call 911, this is the number used in other countries such as the USA, and will NOT connect you to emergency services in Australia.
- P: 5332 9788
Ballarat Community Health
- General: 53384500 or GP Clinics: 53384585
- P: 53305000
Centacare Ballarat & Ballarat Family Relationship Centre
- P: 53377988 (Centacare) or 1300 303 988 (Ballarat Family Relationship Centre)
Central Highlands Community Legal Centre
Child & Family Services (CAFS)
- Child FIRST: 1300 78 33 41
- Legal Aid Hotline P: 1300792387 (closed public holidays)
- P: 53370600
- P: 5332 1286
- 1800RESPECT or SafeSteps (as above)
National Phone & Online Services:
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- Mensline: 1300 78 99 78
- Free 24/7 help, support, referrals & counselling services for men via telephone, online and video.
- Family Relationship Advice Line: 1800 050 321
- Family Relationships Online: www.familyrelationships.gov.au
- Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or www.beyondblue.org.au
- SafeSteps: 1800 015 188 or www.safesteps.org.au
- 24/7 family violence response phone line
- 1800RESPECT: P: 1800 7377 328 or www.1800respect.org.au
- National sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling service