Your guide to kid friendly Ballarat fitness for mums – something for everyone!
Active Fitness & PT | children and mums welcome to attend classes and personal training sessions at small studio in Bakery Hill and assistance with all aspects of health management.
Bec Slater Fitness | Personal Trainer and group fitness in Creswick. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30am, very kid friendly with qualifications in post & prenatal fitness.
Ben’s Army | Mums Group Bootcamp Classes with babysitting on site! Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 9:30am.
Body & Soul | range of group training classes, personal training, mums & bubs classes, children’s play area and personalised programs for health & fitness.
CB Fitness | Villiers Drive Wendouree has a kids area for when the classes are on or if you book a small group session with your friends the kids can run around, jump in the boxing ring and they love to mimic mum while they train. Boxing for Fitness is our specialty as well as strength sessions or we can combine the both.
Elements Mind Body Studio | mind, body & cardio classes for all abilities, all states of mind and some child friendly sessions available.
Eureka Mini Strikers | soccer training for girls aged 7 – 11 years old. Run around on the pitch learning ball skills & social skills.
Fernwood Fitness | mums & bubs classes and child minding services available to members while you workout!
Genki Fit | Smythesdale. $5 fitness sessions with no signup fees or memberships Monday and Wednesday nights from 7-8pm. Friday Family Fun Night at $5 for the family: fitness and games each week from 7pm
Inside Out Body/Mind/Health – children’s play area for kids while you work out, classes, personal training, health coaching, weight management and more.
In Your Element | kids can come to class with mum in a huge space to run around, family friendly, catering for all fitness levels with 15 years of industry experience and lots of options for different workouts.
Kangatraining Ballarat | wear your baby and have fun bonding while you dance your way to fitness. Designed specifically for post natal mums of all fitness levels and abilities.
Ozebuddy – Ozebuddy is great for mums to meet other mums in Ballarat to walk, jog or find a buddy to go to your local gym with. Registration is free.
Physipole Studios | pole dancing classes for mums & bubs under 2 years old! Learn tips & tricks, gain strength and confidence and have fun.
Roller Skate Fit Club | Teaching you how to skate and get fit at the same time! No equipment required.
Sovereign City Crossfit | We run classes throughout the week including a Mum-friendly time 9:30-10:30am Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday working on improving strength and conditioning. We have a kids space as well as a large kitchen and toilet area with plenty of parking.
Touch Footy | Team sports for the whole family. Various levels of ability, Summer and Winter competitions.
Water Aerobics | Naomi from In Your Element runs an awesome water aerobics class at Swim and Survival Academy on Monday and Wednesday it’s at 7.45pm. Great music and a great low impact work out.
Zumba | with Erin Harris. 7:30pm Tuesdays & Thursdays @ Eastwood Leisure Complex. $10 a class or $80 for a 10 class pass. One big giant dance party!
Fun Fitness Ideas from Naomi at In Your Element:
- Hire the basketball court at Eastwood Leisure centre and have some ball games with your kids.
- Join a ladies basketball team at Ballarat Basketball Association (night time and day times available).
- Go for a ride along the Rail Trail – such an under utilised part of our world. You could do different sections of it each month/week etc.
- Join in the fun at Zumba with Erin on Tuesday and Thursday nights
- Have a day where driving is not allowed – catch buses, walk, ride bikes, whatever – no driving.
- Make a “treat” spot (ours is the Gelato shop on Sturt st) where you can only go if you don’t drive there.
- Do a progressive luncheon with friends – starters at a café, walk to the next place for lunch, walk to the next place for wine/coffee/tea/dessert
- Walk up and down CBD doing a treasure hunt with the kids – find and photograph something that starts with every letter of the alphabet.
- Ditto around the botanical gardens
- Do a playground-crawl. Just like a pub crawl, only: NOT. Pick five playgrounds to visit in one day. Commit to not just watching your kids but participating on at least piece of equipment every playground.
- Use the great space at Lake Esmond for running races up and down the hill, stairs etc
- Stuck indoors? Pop the radio on and every time well known ad comes on (say Harvey Norman) get up and do 20 stars jumps/squats/push ups etc. Ditto if you have the TV on – every time life insurance is advertised (You’ll be a body building by the end of the day!). Or if the kids have ABC on – do it whenever ABC me is advertised.
- Write a list of exercises 2-12. Roll two dice and do the exercises that correspond. – can do the same with cards.
Want to list your business here for free? Click here to email us with your website and 1 line description. Or click HERE to pop your banner on this page from $20 a month (discounts apply for multiple months)!